Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pinteresting Recipes

I have discovered Pinterest and found a recipe that looked both healthy and involved macaroni - so I know Bella would eat it.  Here's the picture and link.  This picture was enticing!
I've been waking up at 5 am...and laying around until 6 am.  This morning I decided to make these mostly because yesterday we ate out all three meals.  I worked a half day on Saturday so it was easier to go through the drive-thru at the Kolache Factory, stop on the way home at Freebirds and order Papa Johns after exhausting ourselves grocery shopping.  Here's how my Skinny Macaroni Muffins turned out at 6:30 am.

I didn't have the exact ingredients for the recipe and it suffered to the point that it wasn't that good.  Quite disappointing, but expected.  Instead of flour, I used whole wheat flour.  Instead of skim milk, I used almond milk.  Instead of Gruyere and sharp cheddar cheese, I used colby jack and part of the mac n cheese powdered cheese.  The "muffins" were certainly edible and they tasted healthy.  I think the key missing ingredient was the Gruyere cheese, but I couldn't find it easily yesterday with the mobs of people picking up dips, chips and beer to watch football.  Oh well.  Bella and I moved on to canned croissants with nutella.  Those definitely hit the spot!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

We enjoyed reading your news!!

Kelly said...

Too FUNNY!!!! glad to see the new blogs!