Tuesday, January 27, 2009

15 Days To Go.... and counting

Those of you that have children can only guess how wonderful and peaceful day to day life is around the house at this point; and every day from here it only gets better! Laura continues to make sure I know what it is like to try and sleep with roughly 15 lbs of alien growing inside and kicking between her ribs. She particularly likes to let me know when she feels a kick at 3:30 AM. Her excuse is that this is only practice for when the baby cries in the middle of the night, but really it is her excuse to wake me up to rub her back or to get her a glass of water. Personally, I don't have a problem waking up for a baby, but don't need any practice; I'm sure I can master the task when the time arises.

The baby's room is now officially finished with the shelves and the last picture being hung this weekend, and the blackout shades installed. The only finishing touch is a small lamp, but Laura wants to wait for the arrival before deciding on a final style.

No comments: