Wednesday, November 12, 2008

3rd times a charm

Tomorrow I'm going for my third attempt at finishing the glucose test. I tried Tuesday. Then Wednesday I actually got closer to doing it (saw the drink, talked more about the blood withdraw). The last chance is tomorrow. I'm fearful of the needles and blood removal! There's nothing worse than knowing that I have 5 minutes to drink a nasty tasting drink then ONE HOUR to wait until blood is drawn...and knowing that I can't freak out because they have to get the blood within a 5 minute window. Anxiety is the worst! Matt's coming with me and we scheduled it at 4 pm so everyone will move quickly to get the weekend started. During the hour wait we'll walk around the hospital and see if we can find the nursery.

In the meantime, I've signed up for some desensitization therapy with the psychology department at UH. My department shares half a building with psychology so I walked over (with a friend) to ask whether they had some sort of program to help with anxiety over needles, IVs and shots. Lucky for me, they do! I'll keep you updated.

No comments: