Monday, November 17, 2008

child care

46. We're number 46 on a waiting list for 9 newborn spots at the Child Care Center. The odds aren't so good, especially since their are 9+ siblings waiting for those precious spots. Siblings of children already at the child care center get first priority, then UH students, then staff, then faculty...and you guessed it, I'm faculty. It's a great, safe, warm, loving child care center that almost all faculty use (obviously lots of students use it too). It's across the street from my building so it's so easy to walk over and breastfeed, which is highly encouraged. We'll find out if we're definitely in or out in April when enrollment forms go out to those that are higher on the list. In the meantime, I've called around and no one (except the child care centers that misspell their names - e.g. Dimples Acatame or Kiddie Kollage) has a place available. I'm sure we'll find something or someone, but any suggestions are welcome!

Oh! The glucose test went well (I don't have results yet) but I made it through. Matt and I found the nursery, but could only see 2 babies. It's a small hospital and the nurses around seemed very nice. My parents came down to meet us for dinner to celebrate the test being finished! Thanks for celebrating with us!

No comments: