Tuesday, November 4, 2008

not here or there, not anywhere!

We received disappointing news today: We can't travel to North Carolina for Thanksgiving. My doctor says that I can't travel starting at 28 weeks...and the week of Thanksgiving is the beginning of that time for us. It's quite a bummer since we were all looking forward to the visit.

I'm a bit perplexed about my doctor's recommendation. He's not very conservative with other things (although he did make me stop bowling!) but it's best to be safe than sorry...and delivering a premature baby in the backwoods of Louisiana (no offense to those from Louisiana) does seem very daunting to say the least. Dr. P says that flight attendants aren't allowed to fly starting at 28 weeks so I can't either. He says driving is just as dangerous because of the risk of an accident (which he admits could happen in Houston as well) in which the trauma could separate the placenta from my uterus.

Already bored...

No comments: